Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bygones and New Year Resolutions.




It comes without saying that another year has past. Unless, you're some sort of person who relies on something other than traditional time keeping, I'm saying nothing new. And of course everyone will be saying how fast the year had come and has now gone. The speed of the past year is relative and to a child waiting on Christmas morning, it would have seem like forever, whereas other (ahem) older folks would be spinning thinking, "Are you serious? Is it Santa time again?" "I've only just paid off last year's credit card bills!"

The year two thousand eleven bought its own unique events, trials, joys, experiences and sorrows. Each year leaves a stamp on your heart and lives and this year was certainly no exception. For the most part, everyone stayed safe and I was able to witness how well my arm would fare when my entire bodily weight would fall on it. Excruciating pain, varying types of narcotics, a fifteen thousand dollar surgery, one neon green cast later traded for a bright pink cast and a number of hand therapy sessions would relate to me exactly how my arm would fare......... not so good.

Have I attempted any of my resolutions I made at the beginning of the year? I didn't make any. Refer to my post....... http://shaeeza.blogspot.com/2011/05/bad.html.

Things have certainly improved since then and all those events have actually made us stronger and closer as a family unit. Many have said that it takes tragedy to bring people together and many times over it has been proven correct.

Will I make new year's resolutions this time around? Hard to say. A resolution I once made was "I'm never doing this year again". I don't think that applies to this year. For despite its many extreme downs, it has been one of the more rewarding years in a long time. The highs of this year were rewarding and brought new hope each time. Many of the lessons learnt this year will forever stay with my family and I.

Instead of making resolutions, I will instead try to cross things off my bucket list and live each day for what it is. A gift to spend with loved ones and a way to get my dreams. My biggest dream? To have an agent. To be published. To see my books in scholastic book clubs. One day......

For now, it's saying so long to the year two thousand eleven and recall fondly the many happy, loving, trying and challenging days it brought us all.

Bygones.

4 comments:

  1. 2011 was the year I met you :) The year I was published. The year I told the world my secrets, and the truth of what happened in the Elan School in Maine

    I agree, tragedy brings people together. I'm getting a little old to deal with it alone. That's why I thank God for the people I meet as a writer.

    Thank you for being so generous with your time. When you're ready to query agents, let me know. I'm good at getting their attention.

    Best wishes for 2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Wayne.I have this query letter in my head and need some courage to set it on paper.I will certainly need help in getting attention. Thanks for your generosity in sharing your WIP. I feel honored in have meeting you also.This was certainly a year for meeting people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete