Wednesday, September 22, 2010

being

So this is the umpteeth time, I'm starting a blog. I don't know where this is going to get me, but it's  a start. Like the corny saying "A journey begins with the first step" and I don't even know if I got that quote right. So I've decided to start a blog as always late as ever, way long after people have been making money from this, and may I ask "how do they do that?"

So here I am trying to hone my writing skills that I've probably left behind for about 20 some odd years and trying to get my thoughts down in some sort of adult manner having lost all my vocabulary skills and use of really big words. I can't believe my reading and math skills are far below grade 5. I'd probably become semi famous for oh, about 1 second for having a 5th. grader beat me on some game show!!

I guess to be able to write in a manner becoming to me, I should be reading books geared for my age group which is now 40- 50 year olds. Talk about boring, political, weather channel, CNN watching reading. But I'm just not that person. I don't like CNN, the weather channel, I don't watch the news, except entainment tonight, I am not interested in which mortage company makes what money, which stock is going up (even though secretly I wish I was an investor since I kinda like to have loads of money). I  am not even interested in fashion, house and home, gardening or any kind of self help. I'm probably the world's worse motivator, actually strike that, I can motivate people or rather kids I  think.

People seem to think that I help them put things in perspective and I do to some extent, but who's there to put things in perspective for me? The three cats  and five kids that are ready to eat me out of house and home??!!!

My five kids and 1 husband are the underlining reason for this blog.

I NEED TO VENT SOMETIMES.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Luv, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I've found it to be a nice creative outlet and I wish you the best as you start following your dreams.

    In terms of writing, you're already on the right track, because you are a voracious reader. However, I must recommend another book for you to read: Stephen Kin's "On Writing". You can find it at your local book store for about $7.99 and I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll see if they have the ebook and buy it for the kindle. I kinda like the 1 click buy thingy going although I totally agree with you , nothing is better than the feel of pages between your fingers

    ReplyDelete