Sunday, May 8, 2011

beauty

"Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder"

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart."

If you google beauty for quotes, tons of pages are available.

I asked my husband what he thought of when he heard the word beauty and he said many things, that beauty is in everything. "A beautiful woman".
Mariam says "beautiful people and things"
Nazeefah says " beauty pageants"
Dinah says "Beauty and the beast"
Anyone can find beauty when ever and when ever they look. Beauty is relative.
Many people have written tomes, essays and hundreds of words on beauty. I found beauty today on Mother's day.
It was there all along, waiting to be noticed and cherished and remembered. With all that has happened in the past 5 months, I've forgotten how to look for beauty and today it reminded me.
My son woke up and brought out his gift bag filled with cards he'd made and poems he'd written, He had made a mirror in his class painted green, his favorite color and decorated with pink hearts. He give me a certificate for being the best mother and hugged and kissed me. Beauty.
My older daughter brought in her gift, a gift box bought late last night by her and her fiancĂ©e after their dinner out. White diamonds gift set - one of my favorite scents, an ahh inducing spray to begin the day. Beauty.
Breakfast cooked on the grill, toast, eggs and beef strips with tea served by my son. Beauty.
My kids bringing in complete bed set for my room in my favorite color. Beauty.
My mom bringing in a box of stainless steel pots and telling me to throw away all my old non stick pans.  Beauty.
My mother coming over with my dad bringing fried rice, salad and homemade buns. Beauty.
My husband singing to me what he remembers of the "Twelfth of Never". Beauty.
Beauty is here and everywhere. Beauty is where you find it.







3 comments: