Many people have a bucket list. There are blogs, whole websites dedicated to bucket lists. There are suggested lists of things to do, eat, drink, places to visit, funny suggestions, real intense - OCD inducing behavior types with daily reminders and motivational updates. Some of them are meant for people whose tax bill is my household's entire combined annual salary (if they pay any taxes at all, which I think is totally unfair, after all don't we all drive and use the same roads, but I'm going off on a tangent and that's a topic for a future post if I can figure out a name for it that begins with a "B")
So back to the bucket list, I made a bucket list in my head last year and was able to figuratively cross out a few. Now this list is not by priority but by how I can pull them from the recess of my brain after all it has been a year, hence the need for a written list.
1. Go to Hajj
2. go on a road trip - we've gone on many and last year was first time I drove most of the way so I'm going o chalk that one up.
3. stand at southernmost part of the USA, thanks to my wonderful family, we did just that.
4. go on a hot air balloon ride- that might happen after I over come my unshakable fear of heights.
5. publish my first book, even though it's only digital at the moment.
6. stand at the most northern part of the USA - continental that is
7. witness the northern lights
8. travel across the USA in our RV and visit all wonders in this country
9. ride a roller coaster, did that , done that, never again, refer to the fear of heights thing
10. vegetate for one day, note:- tried many times, but apparently as a wife and mother you have obligations.
11. stand on the great wall of China
12. ride the ATV by myself and not be a passenger
13. visit the great pyramids
14. lose some weight apparently when you say how many pounds, you don't lose them, you gain them
15. stand on four corners
16. vote - never tried that
17. take the kids back to Guyana for a visit
18. ride an elephant, a camel, a horse, a donkey
19. learn to roller skate I grew up in the eighties, yet it never happened
20. learn to swim apparently fear of heights and water go hand in hand
21. learn to drive stick, a old dog can learn new tricks
22. travel to India to find my peeps
23. travel to China to find my peeps
24. learn to appreciate winter for what it is, a freak of nature
25. eat sushi
There, maybe I'll add to this or maybe not, I don't know how many I'll accomplish or even attempt. What I do know is that I have to work on my "to be done now" list.